Saturday 20 July 2013

Holiday blues

So, its the summer vacations. Usually I adore this time of year; nothing more than fun and friends. However, this time it has been a disappointment. University applications, university tests, math classes and long winding hours of staring in space. That is what my holidays have been like. No one is ready to go anywhere, everyone is busy and to those who thought that doing nothing isn't tiring, well guess what...it is exhausting. To top it all off, results day is almost here so there's no more vacations left to enjoy.

I mean, I wake up late and sit on my bed, read or use the laptop all day. The four walls of my house are starting to close in on me and I feel suffocated. Yes, some would say that I am exaggerating, but do we study all year to be rewarded with two months of university applications and boredom?

I'd love to take a trip somewhere but now there is no time left. Yes, I know I am whining and complaining, but this post was mainly to release my irritation with the boredom. And also because I wanted to try writing a self-expressed post. It feels nice, might post some more later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment