Monday 26 March 2012

A moonlight escape

The night is quiet. All is dark, Ebony's coat shines in the distance. A fully grown horse, his coat the colour of his name, brushed. A single white diamond rests on his nose, just above those nostrils which breathe out warm air. I sit on the fence, gazing up at the sky; it is like a coal mine with diamonds peering down at me. They seem to multiply and soon the sky is twinkling so brightly that I can't look at it any more. The light shines down like a guidance, forming a river of silver in front of Ebony.

I mount him, grab the reins and click my tongue. He clops forward, his hooves forming a beat. I hum in time to it, then softly sing to myself. I lean down, and click my tongue faster, Ebony moves in time and before I know it, the wind is piercing my skin and my hair is blowing in the wind. I laugh and ride off in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment