Thursday 4 May 2017

You laughed at something that was ingrained in my vocal cords

You used to sit in class and laugh at me. When I got up and spoke you giggled and exchanged mocking looks that pierced through the back of my head and into my mind. Digging into the sinuses of my brain your looks cast their seeds, rootedly growing each time you smirked at me tripping over my words. I put a stoplight at the front of each word, not because I wanted to but because I had no choice. I stumbled and sped and slowed down and suffocated under word formations and mouth challenges and tongue misbehaviour but all you did was cackle uncontrollably and whisper poison among yourselves. I didn't even need you to mock me, I did it very well myself. I tortured myself I was ashamed I was angry I was cruel to my tongue and my mind I wanted to cut it out of me and fling it out the window. Too bad that it is ingrained in my vocal cords and my bloodstreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment